How to report a profile:
1. Click on the three dots in the top right of the profile.
2. Click “report”.
3. Follow the instructions.
How to report a post:
1. Click on the three dots above the post.
2. Click “report”.
3.Follow the instructions.
How to report a comment:
1. Click on the speech balloon below the post to see the comments. Swipe left over the comment (iPhone) or tap and hold on the comment (Android).
2. Click on the exclamation mark.
3. Click on “Spam or Scam” or “Abusive Content”.
4. Select the option that best describes how the comment violates the community policy.
If the comment is under your own post you can also choose to delete it. In that case, you choose the trash can instead of the exclamation mark as step 2. Then the comment will be deleted. (Please remind yourself to save a copy of the comment before you delete it in case you want to report it to the police as well.)
How to report a message that has been sent through Instagram Direct:
- Tap and hold the message.
- Click “report”.
- Select the option that best describes how the comment violates the community policy.
How to report content when using Instagram on the web:
To report a profile, go to the profile page and then click on the three dots next to the username. Then, choose “report user”.
To report a post, click on the three dots in the top right of the post. Then click “Report Inappropriate”.
If you do not have an Instagram account, you can report content by filling out this form.
If you have experienced identity theft on Instagram, you can fill out this form.
Remember that everyone who provides public digital services where people can post content, such as Instagram, is responsible for monitoring the service and for removing and preventing the proliferation of content that is not compliant with certain laws and regulations. You can find more information about the law here.